Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Our sweet dog Tommy


Tommy is such a special blessing to our family and we love him so much! He is an 81/2 year old maltese. We got him from a friend of a friend in Tomball. One day I was at a friend's house for a Sunday School meeting in Tomball, and she had the cutest little white fluffy dog. When I asked where she got her dog, she said "Do you want one? Because I know where you can get one." I said "Sure" thinking that would never happen, then a few weeks later she called and asked me if we still wanted a dog because her friend's dog had just had puppies and there were 3 born into the litter, but one had died, so if I wanted one I needed to say "yes" right away. So of course I couldn't say "no", but I didn't ask Fletcher first because I'm sure he would have said "NO!". Anyway, a long story short, Tommy came into our lives just before Christmas in 2000. And, Fletcher loves him just as much as I do. God knew that we would need Tommy to keep us company after all of our children had gone away to college. He is our constant companion and friend.
Tommy's special talents:
  • He can sing. His favorite song is "Happy Birthday" and he likes to join in with the family when we sing together.
  • He can play dead for a treat when you say "Pow Pow" and point at him like you're holding a gun.
  • He loves to snuggle in the bed with us and always wakes Fletcher up when he needs to go out.
  • He barks at Fletcher if he touches me or tries to hug or kiss me!
  • We have to spell words around him because he knows what we are talking about when we say: bacon ( his favorite treat), go outside, time to go to bed, get in the crate, let's go!
  • He is our constant source of entertainment.

No comments: