Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
I talked to Amy, and she is having fun on her apartment hunt in Atlanta. Her friend "Bissie" and her husband met her there to help her look for an apartment to live in when she starts work there in July. She won't be moving in actually until August, but she is just getting some ideas of places that she might like to live once she moves there. She sounded like they were having fun.
Fletcher and I have been inside this afternoon, and I have been going through some of the boxes we've had in storage that contain photos and memorabilia. We found a box full of baby pictures of Fletcher and some things we have that his mother has given us with old photos of family members from his early childhood such as his baby book, and one old photo album, and things about his grandparents. So, as Fletcher is approaching his 50th birthday (very soon!) it has been fun to remember back when he was just a little boy growing up in Louisiana so long ago surrounded by a loving family of parents, and grandparents in the small town of Natchitoches, Louisiana. We love all of our family so much and really appreciate all of the sacrifices they have made for us through the years. I think we appreciate it even more now than ever before since we are parents of adult children ourselves. We miss being around our family now like families were in those days of the 1950's and early 1960's. But we are looking forward to what the future will bring in our family in the years to come!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Good Luck Amy!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Ha Ha! Ha!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- Our cozy apartment
- The loving care of my husband
- Doctors and medicine
- Good food to eat
- Our cars that are in working condition
- Our three children
- This computer and the internet
- Our parents that love us unconditionally
- Our dog Tommy (who has no fleas!)
- Our church family that prays for us
- The unending love of God
- The gift of salvation through Jesus Christ
...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Monday, April 20, 2009
- He can sing. His favorite song is "Happy Birthday" and he likes to join in with the family when we sing together.
- He can play dead for a treat when you say "Pow Pow" and point at him like you're holding a gun.
- He loves to snuggle in the bed with us and always wakes Fletcher up when he needs to go out.
- He barks at Fletcher if he touches me or tries to hug or kiss me!
- We have to spell words around him because he knows what we are talking about when we say: bacon ( his favorite treat), go outside, time to go to bed, get in the crate, let's go!
- He is our constant source of entertainment.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
The hamburgers were cooked by Fletcher out on the grill by the pool at our apartment last night after the rain stopped. Today is a beautiful sunny day with a big blue Texas sky!
We had a great morning at church. Our new Pastor is James Clark. You can listen to his Sunday messages on our church web site: http://www.fbctomball.org/
Tonight I'm going to watch the Miss USA Pageant. One of our own Tomball girls is Miss Texas so we are all pulling for her! I think she has a good chance.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
The Aggie War Hymn
Hullabaloo! Caneck! Caneck!
Hullabaloo! Caneck! Caneck!
Goodbye to texas university,
So long to the orange and the white.
Good Luck to dear ol' Texas Aggies,
They are the ones who show the real ol' fight.
"The eyes of Texas are upon you...
"That is the song they sing so well.(SOUNDS LIKE HELL!)
So goodbye to texas university,
We're gonna beat you all to
Rough! Tough! Real stuff!
Friday, April 17, 2009
This is going to be fun!
- ► 2012 (12)