Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Knitting Projects

Here's Tommy!
He's guarding the blue slippers.
Just try to take one and you'll see.
He likes to think that he's helping me.

This is my current knitting project.
It's going to be a camouflage neck warmer for Fletcher
to wear when he goes hunting this year.
I know he's looking forward to it!


This is a pair of blue slippers!
This was the second pair of slippers that I made by myself.
(These turned out much better than my first pair.)




This is a pair of tan colored slippers.
This is the third pair of slippers that I have made.
(I was practicing the knit stitch and the purl stitch.)

I
This is a blue and white plaid dishcloth.
On this project I was practicing using two
different colors of yarn and this
one is also made of all cotton yarn.
On this project I had to read and follow the pattern
and I had to learn how to bind off the stitches at the end.


*************************************************************

When I'm knitting I like to recall this Bible verse:

Psalm 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."


And I know that when I am knitting I will make mistakes,
but God doesn't make any mistakes when He knits!


*************************************************************



No comments: