Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Notes

No Radiation!
That's right! When I went on November 17 for my first radiation treatment, the doctor said that since my diagnosis had been changed from Ductal to Lobular, and since I had surgery with "clean" margins and No Invasion, then radiation was no longer necessary. Hurray! Radiation was Cancelled! I know this sounds confusing and kinda crazy, but that is how it's been through this whole ordeal. Now all I have to do is get regular check-ups and I'm trying out Tamoxifen. So far, no side effects. Thanks everyone for all of the prayers and concerns, but I'm really doing fine and hopefully I can put all of this behind me and move on to something else!

The Visitor
During November I had a visit from one of my Tomball knitting friends! Martha came to see me, and we had a great time catching-up, knitting and exploring NW Arkansas! Martha was passing through on her journey to visit her mother in Illinois and others along the way in Indiana and Missouri when she took a little side-trip over to Bentonville. It was great to see her and to spend time together talking and knitting and playing. We went to War Eagle Mill and then over to Eureka Springs for a day trip, and then the next day we went to a knitting shop in downtown Fayetteville and we had lunch "underground" at Hugo's! Fun! The knitting shop in Fayetteville is not like The Hen House in Klein/Spring, TX, but it's the only one I know about. It did have some cute projects to look at and different patterns and yarn and a big black cat! Ha!
Thanks Martha for stopping in for a visit. I really enjoyed it!

The Lemon Tree Update
The lemon tree is surviving Northwest Arkansas so far. I even picked one of the lemons this morning! And, there is a new bloom! I have to keep the tree inside where it is warm and cozy.

Photos
Here are a few photos from November...




Meg Moore and Jan Martin
participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
for breast cancer in Monroe, LA in October.
 

No comments: