Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vitamin D

Well, this is something I have never thought much about before until now. I recently had an annual "well doctor visit." As part of this visit I had to have a fasting blood test. All of my blood work came back perfect, even the good and bad cholesterol and blood sugar levels, except for one thing: I am low on Vitamin D! What?! How could ths be? Vitamin D is the "Sunshine Vitamin!" I happen to love sunshine! Maybe I am really mssing Texas so much that living in Northwest Arkansas is now affecting my Vitamin D levels! Ha! I am missing all of that warm Texas sunshine!

Well, if you haven't had your Vitamin D levels checked and you are over 50, then you might consider having this done. Apparently Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones and maintaining proper Calcium levels. My doctor has prescribed a pill that I will take once a month to correct this problem, so thankfully it's an easy fix! I'm feeling better already!

No comments: