Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Wow! Where did 2011 go? It seems like time is passing too quickly in the Scott family! Just as we began last year with the wedding of our son Dan and our daughter-in-law Kim in February 2011, this year we are preparing for the upcoming wedding of our daughter, Jennifer to her beloved, Jarred on January 14, 2012. Well, the Scott children are growing up and leaving the nest to start their own families. That's how it should be, I know, but that dosen't make it any easier on the "Mother." I still long for those days when we all lived together as a family, and I got to have a front row seat in their lives. Now, Im having to move back a row and just watch as they have grown up. Fletcher and I are excited to see how they are turning out as adults.

Our youngest daughter, Amy, is also starting out on a new venture in her life as she will be moving to New York City to attend the Parson's School of New Design. As I write this she is packing up her small apartment in Atlanta, and getting ready for the big move. Oh, yes, I will worry about her, but she is a very determined person and intends to get this additional degree, so there's no stopping her. (I've already tried to talk her out of it.) I wish her all the best and great success at school in New York. I have never been there and as of now I don't have a trip planned, but who knows? Maybe I will get to visit New York City while she's there! Good Luck, Amy!

Jennifer will continue in the Pharm-D program at The University of Texas in Austin after she is married in January. She still has two years left to go in Pharmacy school. She and Jarred plan to live near Austin at least until she finishes school. Jarred will continue in his current position as a Paramedic supervisor in Hearne, TX.

Dan and Kim still live in Houston, TX where he continues to work at Ward, Getz and Associates as Civil Engineer, P.E. Kim continues to work at M.D. Anderson as a supervisor in the Research Division. We are so proud of them both!

Fletcher continues to sell Community Coffee to Walmart which is the reason that we now live in Bentonville, Arkansas. We are so thankful for this job which God has provided for us. May all the glory go to God for what he has done and continues to do to provide financially for our family. It is truly a miracle what God has done for us as he rescued our family from total unemployment following two corporate lay-offs for Fletcher in the last five years. We have learned to trust God for our daily provisions and not to take it for granted.

I have been "floating" here for a couple of years. I hope and pray that God will give me clear direction for some form of regular employment this year. I have done some substitute teaching since we have moved here to Northwest Arkansas, but I have been traveling to Texas and Louisiana pretty often, so I'm not available very often to substitute. It's been nice to have this flexibility, but I know the time has come for me to settle down and get back to work. So, I'm going to be looking for more opportunities to work ths year.

Recently Fletcher and I had to do a health assessment for our insurance, and we realized that 2011 was a very healthy year for us with very few doctor appointments and no major illnesses or surgeries. We are so thankful to God for good health and we pray that 2012 will be another year of good health. We are trying to eat healthier and we plan to get more regular exercise.

My prayer this year is that in everything I do or say in 2012 that I will stop and ask myself, "Will doing this or saying this glorify God?" and, I hope to live out the verses of Colossians 3:12-17 which are God's Rules for holy living, that I might clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, seeking to bear with others and to forgive whatever grievances I might have with others, just as the Lord has forgiven me. And most of all to love others in Christ which will bind us together in unity. I pray that the peace of Christ will rule in my heart since as a member of the body of Christ I have been called to be at peace with other Christians. And to be thankful in all things, allowing the word of Christ to dwell within me richly as I seek to teach and to admonish others with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in my heart to God. And I pray that whatever I do in word or deed, that I will do it in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Amen.

Happy 2012!

No comments: