Welcome to "The Scott's Scoop." The purpose of this blog is to share with family and friends the daily news and happenings of our family. If you're interested in what's going on in the Scott family, then you are welcome to "follow" along with us.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013! (Remember I'm still catching up!)

The new year began quietly for us this year. We were pretty exhausted from Christmas, and if I'm remembering correctly we stayed up to watch the New Year's Rockin' Eve show until 12:00am EST which was 11:00pm here CST, then we went to bed and stayed home all day long on New Year's Day and just really did nothing. Since we are in our 50's, doing nothing is much easier than it used to be! We actually enjoy it!

Each year I choose a Memory Verse to live by, and this year it was no accident that God put in my heart to memorize Philippians 4:6-7

Don't be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving,
make your request known to God.
And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your heart and your mind
in Christ Jesus.
Amen.

Letting go of my adult children has been harder than I ever dreamed it would be! I miss the day to day interaction, and even just week to week, or month to month interaction with them. Most of the time I don't have any idea what their day is like or the troubles they are facing as young adults. I have to let go and just trust God that he will be their stronghold. My prayer is that they will seek the Lord each day and ask him to guide them in their daily lives. I'm still working on it, but I do have confidence and faith that everything is in God's hands and he still reigns over all of his creation. Each day I have to be reminded to make my requests known to God and to rest in his peace. I am so thankful for this. 
Happy New Year!
2013

No comments: